AUSTRALIAN -Permanent Residence
Australian permanent residents are residents of Australia who hold a permanent residency visa but are not citizens of Australia. A holder of a permanent residency visa may remain in Australia indefinitely. A 5-year initial travel facility, which corresponds to the underlying migration program, is granted alongside the permanent residency. Until the travel facility expires, the visa holder may leave and re-enter Australia freely. After that period the visa holder needs to re-apply for the travel facility.
Permanent residency may be revoked at the discretion of the responsible Minister, for example in cases of criminal misconduct.
Permanent residents enjoy many of the rights and privileges of citizens, including access to free or subsidized legal and health services. They do not have the right to vote in federal or state/territory elections, unless they were registered to vote prior to 1984, but may vote in some local government elections. Permanent residents are not entitled to an Australian passport.
Most permanent residents are eligible to become citizens after a waiting period. When the waiting period is complete, the process of sitting the citizenship test and attending the ceremony will add three to twelve months to gaining citizenship.
Find out your options for visa by completing a free online assessment.
AUSTRALIAN -Migration programs
There are a number of programs under which a person may enter and obtain permanent residency in Australia, including:
- General Skilled Migration Program- mainly for skilled migrants
- Humanitarian Program - mainly for refugees seeking permanent residency,Family members can also be sponsored. An unlimited number of visas can be issued for partners (either married or de facto) and dependent children.
AUSTRALIAN -Permanent Residency Requirements
The basic essential requirements an applicant must know for Australian Permanent Residency. Therefore, the information below explains how to make visa applications and how are they processed.
- Australia Occupational Demand List
- The first and foremost thing is to check whether your nominated occupation is listed on Australia’s occupational demand list or not. These list gives you thumbs-up to apply for Australia PR. The list contains the eligible occupations that are in high demand in Australia labour market. The employers in Australia seek employment for the occupations that are highly required in Australia. Look at the updated Australia Occupation Demand List.
- Basic language requirement (IELTS and PTE)
- The second thing that you require is eligible language requirement score. Australia is very peculiar about the language requirement and wants the applicants coming to their country must possess English language ability to sustain themselves in the country.
- The applicants applying for Australia PR must show their language efficiency to the Australian government by applying through acceptable English language test formats for Australia PR like IELTS and PTE Academic. They are the most likely to be taken by the potential applicants applying for Australian Permanent Residency
- IELTS is known as International English Language Test System that checks the English language ability of the applicant in four categories namely reading, writing, listening and speaking. An applicant is given score out of 9 bands in each module of IELTS.
- To be able to apply for Australia PR, a candidate must score at least 6 bands in each module of IELTS- Reading, Writing, Listening and Speaking. However, IELTS 6 bands will only make you eligible to apply for Australia PR and will not give any additional points.
- If you want your Australia PR case to be strong then you require at least IELTS 7 bands in each module of reading, writing, listening and speaking to get 10 additional points and IELTS 8 bands in each module will give 20 additional points
- Similarly, PTE (Pearson Test of English) is another famous language ability test that accesses the applicant language efficiency in four factors namely reading, writing, listening and speaking.
- For PTE, you require at least 50 points to be eligible to apply for Australia PR and zero points will be awarded with 50 points
- If you score 65 points in each module of reading, writing, listening and speaking you are entitled to receive 10 additional points and 79points will give 20 additional points towards overall immigration point score just like IELTS
- Australia Pass Points
- A minimum of 65 points are required in Australia assessment gird to be able to apply for Australian Permanent residency. The points are calculated for age, educational qualification, work experience, language ability and other factors.
AUSTRALIAN -Permanent Residency Benefits
Benefits of permanent resident status include:
- Children born inside Australia will be Australian citizens by birth.
- The right to apply for Australian citizenship after fulfilling some criteria.
- The right to access medical and social security benefits, though there is a 2-year waiting period for some benefits.
- Unrestricted rights to live, work and study in New Zealand. (This right is granted by the New Zealand government.)
- The right to sponsor relatives for permanent residence, subject to fulfilling residence criteria and assurance of support requirements.
- The right to travel to New Zealand without applying for a New Zealand visa. (This right is granted by the New Zealand government.)
- For permanent residents accepted under the humanitarian program and enrolled in a Commonwealth supported place, the right to defer payment of their student contribution under the HECS-HELP scheme.
- Few limitations on employment in Australia. Some job opportunities, largely federal governmental work, require citizenship as opposed to permanent residence.
NARTEC -POST LANDING SERVICE
Post Landing benefits you get with NARTEC CONSULTANTS:
- Welcome services at the airport
- Introduce you to employment agencies
- Advise you on opening a bank account
- Instruct you on how to get your driving license
- Guide for newcomers to find housing after arrival
- Instruct you on how to apply for your Health Card
- Instruct you on how to apply for your Social Insurance Number (SIN Number)