AUSTRALIAN -Regional Nominated Visa Subclass 489
The Skilled Regional Provisional Visa Subclass 489 is a point-based four year provisional visa that allows an applicant to live and work in a regional or low-population growth metropolitan areas of Australia to obtain Permanent Residence. However, to apply for Subclass 489, you must have your occupation listed on Australia’s occupational demand list and also need to get a nomination from Australian State/Territory or sponsorship from a relative living in a designated area of Australia.
An applicant who is interested to work in a specific region or low population area of Australia can apply for subclass 489 visa. Australia Skilled Regional Provisional Visa Subclass 489 is a pathway to the permanent residency of Australia; if you hold 489 subclass visa and live for at least two years and work for at least one year in a specific area, then in such a case, you may become eligible to apply for Australian Permanent Residence. Additionally, eligible family members can also be included in the application.
In order to apply for the Australia Skilled Regional Provisional Visa subclass 489, you must first lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) through online SkillSelect and be invited by The Department of Immigration and Border Protection to apply. Your application must be lodged within 60 days after receiving an invitation by the Australian government. Failing to lodge your application, your invitation will lapse. Thus, it is very crucial to lodge your subclass 489 application wisely.
Find out your options for visa by completing a free online assessment.
Skilled Regional Provisional Subclass 489 eligibility/requirements
To apply for Australia Subclass 489, it is important to see whether an applicant is actually eligible to apply for visa 489 or not.
Eligibility requirement is a key factor which an applicant needs to follow before applying for Australia Skilled Regional Provisional Visa subclass 489. It gives the clear idea of whether one should apply for visa 489. Henceforth, below are the eligibility requirements which you must comply to apply for Australia subclass 489 visas:
- Check is your occupation listed on Australia’s occupational demand list
An applicant’s nominated occupation must be listed on Australia’s Medium and Long Term Strategic Skill List (MLTSSL)or Regional Occupational List (ROL). The list includes those occupations which are in-demand in Australia’s regional area labour market.
- Must meet the minimum Australia immigration points
YTo apply for visa 489, an applicant must score at least 65 points in the Australia Immigration point test. The points are given towards your age, educational qualification, work experience, skills, language requirement and other factors.
- Must have a nomination from State or Territory government or a sponsorship from an eligible relative
The prime requirement to apply under visa 489 is that you must have a nomination by state or territory Australian government agency or sponsorship from a relative who lives in the regional area of Australia.
- Must attain a positive skill assessment report
A positive skill assessment test report is required to apply for visa 489. The skill assessment test is done by the relevant authority that assesses the profile on the basis of your nominated occupation.
Other essential requirements
The below mentioned requirements are add-ons that are extremely mandatory to apply for skilled regional provisional visa subclass 489:
- Age: if and when you are invited to apply for this visa, you shall not fall over 45 years of age.
- English Proficiency: if and when you are invited to apply for this visa, you shall have Competent English. You may check English language requirement for Australian Permanent Residency.
- Education: if and when you are invited to apply for this visa, you shall at least be a ‘Graduate’ or equivalent to Australian educational standards.
- Work Experience: If and when you are invited to apply for this visa, you must have a work experience in any of the job/skill listed on the Consolidated Skilled Occupation List (CSOL) of Australia. Also, you must demonstrate your work experience as well.
- Health: if and when you are invited to apply for this visa, you as well as your family members must take health examination test irrespective of number of family members accompanying to Australia.
- Character: if and when invited to apply for this visa, you must submit a proof of bearing a good moral character by successfully submitting police clearance certificate for each country, the family member has ever lived in for an accumulative period of 1 year in the last 10 years.
- Debts: if and when you are invited to apply for this visa, you must have repaid, or have arranged to repay, any outstanding debt to the Australian government.
- Cancelled visas: if ever your visa ever got cancelled or refused while you were still in Australia, you may not be able to apply for subclass 489 visas.
AUSTRALIA - 489 Visa Processing Time
The 489 processing time depends upon application to application and other considerations like:
- Total number of applications received by the immigration department
- Delay due to non-submission of complete document kit
- Delay due to backlog of applications
- Number of available positions in visa subclass 489
- Any other enquiry as and when asked by the immigration department
Therefore, as per the Department of Immigration and Border Protection, the General 489 visa processing time is as follows:
- 75 percentof applications are processed in 7 months
- 90 percent of applications are processed in 9 months