AUSTRALIAN -Skilled Independent Visa 189 Subclass
Come along to find your new job in Australia. With a vibrant economy, many businesses are looking overseas to find skilled professionals. Facing a shortage of skilled professionals across a wide range of industries, now’s the perfect time to discover if you can help fill these skill gaps.
Skill independent visa is a permanent residence visa for individuals who possess required qualifications and skills to fill shortages in the Australian workforce.
Skilled Independent Visa 189 subclass is the most Australia Permanent Residency visa amid the immigrants across the world. This visa is basically crafted for those skilled and qualified workers who are not sponsored by an employer, state or territory, or a family member. Visa 189 is a permanent residency visa that gives you and your accompanying family members a complete right to live and work anywhere in Australia for indefinite period of time.
The selection for subclass 189 is based on point score, skills, and experience that enable an applicant to apply for subclass 189 visa. However, to be eligible to apply for this visa, you first need to pick an occupation from Medium and Long Term Strategic Skill List (MLTSSL) and, if by any chance, your nominated occupation is not listed on the said demand list, then in such a situation, you may choose an occupation which is closely related to your profession. Additionally, you also need to submit Expression of Interest through Skills select for validation of your visa. You may apply for EOI while living in Australia or outside of Australia. If government of Australia finds your profile to be suitable enough for their economy, they will give you an Invitation To Apply (ITA) for Australia Permanent Residency.
Migrating to another country is a big step. Make your migration a success by preparing carefully. We will describe the steps you can take to prepare for migration to Australia.
Find out your options for visa by completing a free online assessment.
How do I know if I Qualify for a Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189) of Australia?
/ Skilled Independent Visa 189 eligibility/visa requirements:
The first and the foremost thing which comes to the mind while applying for a visa is ‘Am I eligible’? The eligibility criteria is a stepping stone for any applicant who wants to live and work in Australia under subclass 189 visa. Thus, check the below mentioned eligibility requirements and see for yourself whether you match them or not.
Must meet the minimum point eligibility criteria
- The second step is to check whether you are able to meet the minimum Australia point test score of 65 points. This means that you have to score at least the minimum said points to be able to proceed further in your Visa 189 process. The points are calculated for:
- Educational Qualification
- Work Experience
- Language requirements
- Other factors
Must meet the minimum language point requirements
Language requirement plays a crucial role in Australian Permanent Residency. The Oz country want that people migrating to Canada must have basic language ability to sustain them in Australia.
The basic points required for language ability factor is competent level that is achieved by getting IELTS 6 bands/ PTE 50 points in each module of reading, writing, listening and speaking. However, there will be no additional point allotment with competent level score.
Must pass skill assessment test
- Depending upon your profile, you must have a skill assessment test done by the relevant authority for an occupation listed on Australian MLTSSL Occupation List and the result should be positive in order to move further.
Must have an Invitation from the Australian Government
- You must be invited to apply for this visa. The invitations are generally given to those applicants who have a good point score in their Australia Point test and the number of available positions in your nominated occupation.
Other essential requirements
- Apart from the above mentioned criteria, the following criteria are equally important to apply for Australia subclass 189 visas:
- Age: At the time of visa invitation, you must be under 45 years of age.
- Language Requirement: At the time of visa invitation, you must have a competent English.
- Work Experience: At the time of visa invitation, you must have at least 2 years of working experience.
- Education: At the time of visa invitation, you must be a Graduate degree holder (or any equivalent degree holder).
- Health: At the time of visa invitation, you must meet the minimum health requirements by undertaking the required Health Examination of his/her as well as of each family member irrespective of them accompanying you to Australia or not.
- Character: At time of visa invitation, you must have a proof of bearing a good moral character by submitting a police certificate for each country, each member of family ever has lived in, for a cumulative period of 1 year or more, over the past 10 years, ever since turning 16 years of age.
- Debts: At the time of visa invitation, you must repaid, or have arranged to repay, any outstanding debts to the Australian government.
- Cancelled Visas: You might not be able to apply for this visa, if you ever had a visa cancelled or refused while you were in Australia.
AUSTRALIA -Visa Subclass 189 Processing Time
The PR processing time of 189 visa depends upon:
- Number of applications received for skilled Immigration
- Complexity and simplicity of your case
- Delay due to non-submission or completion of complete document list
- Number of positions available in the skilled occupation
- Other enquiry asked by the immigration officials
- 75 percent of applications are processed in 8 months
- 90 percent of applications are processed in 11 months