EUROPE -Student Visa

A Student Schengen Visa is an entry permit to the Schengen Zone, granted to third-country nationals wishing to enter and remain for short-stays in any of the member states, under the purpose of studying.

This visa permits its holder to remain in the Schengen territory for a maximum of 3 months. If your study or training course lasts longer than that, you should apply for a Long-Stay Study Visa at the embassy of the respective country.

Only the nationals coming from third-world countries that have not signed a visa-free agreement with the Schengen Area member states are in need of a Student Schengen Visa.

EUROPE -Student Visa Documents Required

The mandatory documents to apply for a Student Schengen Visa are as following:

  • Two visa application forms. Fully completed, with correct and honest answers. Print it and sign the form at the end.

  • Two identical photos. Taken within the last three months according to the Schengen visa photo requirements.

  • Valid passport. Issued within the last 10 years with validity of at least 3 months after the end of the planned journey.

  • A copy of passport’s biometric data.

  • Previous passports. Tied together with a rubber band. Do not staple them!

  • Proof of residency. Some sort of document issued by the country where you are applying from as a proof that you are a citizen or resident of that country.

  • Roundtrip reservation or itinerary. Specifying the dates and flight numbers of entry and exit from the Schengen area. Here you can learn more about how to book a flight reservation for eu visa application.

  • Travel medical insurance. A document issued by your Europe health insurer, confirming you have insurance for the whole Schengen territory, throughout your whole stay with coverage for emergency health situations.

  • Proof of accommodation. Evidence where you will be staying at, during your time in the Schengen zone. This could be one of the following:

    • Dormitory contract. Signed between you and an official of a dormitory in the country where you will be staying.
    • Rent Agreement. A contract with a property owner in this Schengen state, specifying the address and other information details about the facility and landlord. Letter of Invitation. A letter written by a resident in the country you are applying to enter, confirming they are willing to take you in their home throughout the period you will be there.
    • Letter of acceptance at an EU University/College/School. A recent, official and signed letter stating your name/type of studies/length of studies/part of a European program if applicable/number of hours per week.

  • Proof of academic qualifications. Diploma, academic records, attestation of the application for equivalence or decision / dispatch of equivalence.

  • Proof of financial means. Documents that show one is able to reside and financially maintain him / herself during their stay in the Schengen zone. This can be one of the following:
    • Scholarship. Original attestation of an official scholarship.
    • Bank account statement. Showing your bank balance for the last three months.
    • Sponsorship.
    • Proof of paid visa fee.

  • Additional Documents required for Minors.
    • An extract of the minor’s birth certificate.
    • An identity document bearing the parents’ signature (one document for each parent).
    • A declaration of consent from both parents, stating that the minor can travel.
    • If relevant: a court judgement stating which parent has been allocated parental responsibility for the minor.
    • If relevant: a declaration from the minor’s school consenting to his/her absence.

  • Proof of occupation.
  • If employed:
    • Employment contract
    • Leave permission from the employer
    • Income Tax Return

  • If self-employed:
    • A copy of your business license,
    • Company’s bank statement of the latest 6 months
    • Income Tax Return (ITR)

  • If a student:
    • Proof of enrollment
    • No Objection Letter from University

How Long EUROPE -Student Visa Valid

The Validity of a Student Schengen Visa is up to three months within a six-month period. When you get the passport with the visa in it, check the visa sticker information, to make sure about the validity period and the duration of permitted stay in the Schengen Area.


Post Landing benefits you get with NARTEC CONSULTANTS:

  • Welcome services at the airport
  • Guide for newcomers to find housing after arrival
  • Instruct you on how to apply for your Health Card
  • Instruct you on how to apply for your Social Insurance Number (SIN Number)
  • Instruct you on how to get your driving license
  • Introduce you to employment agencies
  • Advise you on opening a bank account
close slider